WHO WE ARE
With a modest beginning of providing Midday meal in one school to 50 children everyday in the last 9 years the organization has grown to a commendable force having its own infrastructure facilities in providing education, health care, livelihood skills, empowerment and placement, senior citizens care.
Although initially the focus of the organization was on dealing with the issue of hunger, experience at
ground level drew to light that along with providing meals to arrest malnutrition and child mortality we also need to address issues that are the background reasons which are actually preventing our
progress and development.
So in order to address the issue of hunger and to create a “Hunger-Free India” we have decided to address the issues that act as obstacles in the path of holistic development.
DBM India was formed with the mission of a hunger-free India on Jan 30, 2008.
Branched to 5 units – Mumbai, Nagpur, Lucknow, Kerala & Hazaribagh.
- Mid-day Meal : Provided mid-day meals to 2000 children everyday in schools in the slums of Shivaji Nagar, Govandi and in M-ward.
- 2.5 Million meals provided in 11 schools till now.
- Computer Centre – 250 children learnt computers everyday free of charge.
- Achieved 100% placement of Balwadi and Para Nursing students.
- Libraries established in 6 centers.
Contribute significantly towards reducing poverty, improving health facilities, increasing access to education and awareness, increasing availability of employment and income opportunities.
Our goal is to create opportunities, develop a nurturing and conducive environment, and provide education and training for the holistic growth of children and youth.