EMPOWERMENT THROUGH VOCATIONAL TRAINING
THE VOCATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM
- School dropouts face enormous struggle to find employment.
- Vocational training programs by DBM provide students with thorough training in tailoring, mehendi, para nursing and computers.
- After completion of the course, students receive a certificate, which helps get employment.
CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR EMPLOYMENT
Currently 65% of India’s population is under the age of 35 years. It is expected that 250 million young men and women will join the employable workforce within the next 10 years. India’s rapid economic growth demands skilled individuals in all sectors but unemployed youth and shortage of skilled manpower are two ironies that still co-exist in India.
Dharma Bharathi Mission seeks to improve the employment chances of drop-out students or students, who stopped school between the 8th and the 10th Standard. Reasons of dropping out are mainly lack of funds, migration and family conditions.
Through providing high quality training in fields such as tailoring, mehendi, para nursing and beautician, as well as computer courses, students get the chance to improve their skills and therefore find an angle to enter the workforce.
The Vocational Training Program aims to bridge the gap between the non-educated youth and the huge demand for skilled labour. With the courses Dharma Bharathi Mission is providing life skills, training to the youth from socially and economically disadvantaged communities.
Dharma Bharathi Mission has established a variety of courses, so that every student may choose a training according to his or her taste. Currently Dharma Bharathi Mission is offering the following courses:
- Computer Courses like DTP / Tally / MS office (3 months)
- MS-CIT Courses (3 months)
- Tailoring Courses (3 months)
- Beautician Courses (3 months)
- Mehendi Courses (3 months)
- Para Nursing Courses (6 Months to 1 Year)
- Balwadi Teacher Courses (6 Months to 1 Year)
WHAT DO STUDENTS LEAVE WITH?
- Certificate of Completion of Course
- Conversational English Speaking Skills
- Entrepreneurship training
- Assistance in Placement
- Guidance and Mentorship from DBM
Every course is combined with soft skills training, spoken English, life skills and computer application. The programs are designed to equip the youth with livelihood skills and instill confidence in them thus increasing their employability.
- 1200 women in this year were empowered at DBM centers in vocational s /fashion designing /henna artistry /computer literacy and are now financially independent.
- 120 rural women have also been empowered this year.
- All 16 students of the Para nursing batch are successfully employed earning salaries upto Rs.18000.
- 8 students are working at the Reliance Hospital and7 are working in hospitals at Navi Mumbai.
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP
WE WANT TO HELP TO AS MANY AS WE CAN
As a non-profit we have limited resources. Your contribution will help us reach out to more people who need us.
YOUR SUPPORT WILL BRING MORE ENERGY
Our donors are the organisation’s life force. Our children depend on your support.
YOU HELP US REACH NEW AUDIENCES
We are sure that you would like to talk about our work with your friends and family. This way we hope we have more people knowing about our work.