|JOB DESCRIPTION: MANAGER – FUNDRAISING|
|Designation: Manager – Fundraising||Reports to: Managing Trustee, Dharma Bharathi Mission|
|Annual Compensation: INR (11 lacs) p a. Plus, monthly incentive, annual bonus and loyalty rewards. Will commensurate with functional experience and salary history||Work location: Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Functional Area: Well versed in Fundraising. Experience in establishing new corporate partnerships, individual donor base and generating credible leads. Must have functional experience of creating communication materials and leading roles for face to face meetings. Establishing a database of sustained donors
a. Developing Corporate partnerships.
b. Increasing the number of Individual Donors
c. Enhancing the outreach of DBM
|Purpose of Role:
Centre for Fundraising (CFF) is Asia’s leading management consulting firm providing full function Marketing and fundraising solutions to Non-Profit Sector. CFF Has been retained by Dharma Bharathi Mission (DBM) for recruiting an experienced Functional leader for the role of Manager, Manager – Fundraising. This is a stimulating leadership role in the organisation.
Dharma Bharathi Mission (DBM) is recruiting an experienced functional leader for the role of Manager – Fundraising. This is a stimulating leadership role in the organisation.
DBM aims to eradicate hunger through mid-day meal programs, vocational training and education initiatives and is an Initiative of Navsrushti International Trust. DBM is headed by Managing Trustee, Mr. Paramjeet Singh.
The organization offers an exciting opportunity for a Manager – Fundraising person to lead, manage and grow the Fundraising activities for DBM throughout the country with sharp focus on Maharashtra. The incumbent would be leading the Fundraising vertical and would be responsible for all the P & L and growth. The Fundraising initiatives will support vital developmental work of DBM with a focus on programmatic priorities of the institution.
The candidate should have the ability to actively drive creation of an overall strategy with leadership and other stakeholders, identify new corporate partnerships for DBM and roll out the created execution plan basis the briefing on the type of associations sought. The person will develop, lead and manage Fundraising activities as per priority areas. The post holder will promote a high-performance culture, encourage continuous improvement and support collaborative working in line with organizational values. Taking full budget responsibility, the successful candidate will build key relationships as well as develop tools, systems and processes to set up Fundraising activities.
Planning, detailing, donor management and implementation:
· As a member working with Leadership Team, actively participate in the development of DBM’s plan for raising resources for its pan India projects.
· Recruit volunteers, interns and supporters, to support the Fundraising plan and ensure their training and engagement module.
· Sustain the approved fundraising targets and deliver appropriately.
· Responsible for preparing activity-based budgets and monitoring actual spend against these budgets, including providing relevant accruals and explanations for variances.
|Essential experience and knowledge
· Demonstrated Fundraising managerial experience at middle management level in a growing nonprofit organization.
· Experience in raising the awareness about Programmes with support from the Programmatic Team.
· Proven experience of working with a team, with a focus on high performance and problem solving.
· A high achieving, experienced and dynamic professional with the enthusiasm and skill sets to implement a clear long-term vision.
· Exposure in generating donations from corporate and individuals.
· Demonstrate a facilitative, collaborative team management style.
· Networking skills and building successful lasting relationships.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience working at mature leadership level.
· Self-motivated go getter.
· A strong grasp on the Fundraising functions for charitable organizations and awareness-raising in the Indian context.
· Ability to motivate and inspire a multi-disciplined team from a non- Fundraising background.
· Polished lateral thinker with an ability to involve other people and build on ideas.
· Ability to evaluate and judge complex issues and distinguish critical priorities to ensure an effective focus.
· Effective communication; persuasive and ability to negotiate and concept selling
· Excellent inter-personal skills; diplomatic and negotiation abilities.
· Strong numeracy and ability to interpret financial data.
· Ability to grasp and capture data for reporting to Donors.
· Fluency in language(s) other than English would be an added advantage.
|Education and Qualification:
· Marketing and/or Business/ Sales Degree with relevant experience with minimum 5 years of experience working in a fundraising function.
· Excellent computer skills, including the use of standard MS software packages (SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), as well as Marketing databases.
· Understanding of consulting business and ability to plan on long term.
|How to Apply:
1. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Cover Letter,
2. Please mention “Manager FR: DBM” in the subject line
3. Attachment: Please attach only your CV and cover letter in a single word file. The file should be named as: “Your First name, Last name, Manager Fundraising DBM”.
4. Last date of receiving applications is 21st April 2019.
5. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.